This feature-rich copter comes with both compass and GPS sensors, a return home feature and multiple flight modes.
Unlike other copters, the X350 comes with everything you need to start flying right out of the box.
QR X350 Features
- Ready to fly
- LiPO battery with brushless motors
- Flight time of 10-15 minutes
- Altitude sensors
- GPS position holding
- “Return to Home” feature
- 2.4 GHz transmitter with 2km range
- Built-in GoPro mount
- Spare propellers included
Flying the Walkera QR X350
This drone comes with everything you need to start flying right out of the box. It is designed for intermediate flyers, although some users believe that beginners can fly the QR X350.
This is a quadcopter that can be flown indoors or outdoors and comes with a flight time of 10-15 minutes.
There are three models available:
- A BNF version that does not come with a battery or transmitter.
- An RTF version that comes with the transmitter/receiver and battery.
- A FPV version that comes with the transmitter/receiver, battery and the Walkera DV04 camera.
GPS Hold System
This drone uses a GPS altitude hold system that allows the aircraft to hover in its position even if you take your hands off of the controller. If you have a GoPro camera attached, this hold system allows you to take steady, high quality footage of the landscape below.
It also ensures that taking off and landing is smooth. As an added bonus, the aircraft features an anti-vibration camera mount to prevent shaky or blurry video footage.
Return Home Feature
With one simple push of a button, the copter will return to its home position. This convenient feature is particularly useful if you’ve lost track of your copter, or you just want an easy way to get your aircraft back to where it started.
The aircraft will also return home if the radio signal is interrupted or lost.
Upgradable FPV System
You can upgrade your QR X350’s transmitter to the Wakera FPV system. This allows you to enjoy a first person view of your flight right on the transmitter’s display.
The FPV version also comes with Walkera’s DV04 camera and a 5.8GHz streaming module that transmits the signal to the DEVO F7 radio. It also includes a micro SD card and is compatible with GoPro cameras.
With this package, you can fly your copter right out of the box and start recording your flights immediately. Without the FPV system, you’ll need to attach your own GoPro camera and purchase the optional camera mount.
An optional camera mount is available that’s compatible with GoPro Hero 3+. A GoPro camera is not included with your purchase.
There are three different flight modes available:
- Manual – Allows the pilot to control the direction and altitude of the aircraft
- Position Hold – The aircraft will attempt to hover in a specific location
- One Key Go Home – The aircraft will return home
- Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
- Rotor Diameter: 556mm
- Height: 180mm
- Length: 289mm
- Width: 289mm
- Number of Channels: 5+
- Environment: Outdoors
Assembly and Setup
The QR X350 comes nearly fully assembled. Depending on which version of the quadcopter you purchase, you can have your heli up and ready to fly in just minutes. Here’s what you’ll have to assemble:
- The landing gear: To assemble the landing gear, you’ll need to attach the gear to the main chassis using a few thumb screws. No tools are required for this step as you can attach the screws by hand.
- Attach the propellers: The propeller direction is etched onto each arm, so you won’t get confused about which propeller goes where.
- Keep wires organized: Attach a few screws with metal wire keepers to keep your heli’s antenna wires organized and tidy.
- Attach the FPV camera: If you purchased the FPV version, you’ll need to attach the camera as well. This just requires you to plug in a few extra wires.
Once you’ve assembled it, you can start flying. You’ll need to read the manual thoroughly for details on how to calibrate some of the copter’s features.
Recommended: 6 Best Drones for Sale You Have To See
What Others Are Saying
We love the Walkera QR X350 and so do users. Assembly is easy and the flight is surprisingly stable. We also loved that you could choose which version you want. If you already have a battery and transmitter on hand, you can purchase the BNF version that just comes with the copter itself.
For the complete experience, you can purchase the FPV version that comes with a camera and a sophisticated DEVO F7 radio controller.
Some users did note that the GPS hold mode can be a bit fickle. While it does function properly, it sometimes moves in different directions.
The Return Home feature works as intended, but you’ll need to avoid pulling the throttle down before the quadcopter lands. Otherwise, the propellers will stop working and the aircraft will crash.
While the manufacturer states that the copter has a flight time of 10-15 minutes, most users report that the flight time is actually closer to 8-9 minutes without a GoPro attached.
With the GoPro attached, the flight time dips down to 5-6 minutes. This shouldn’t be a problem if you have spare batteries on hand.
Overall, the Walkera QR X350 offers a stable flight and comes at an affordable price. Packed with many of the same features as the DJI Phantom, this is a great option for budget-conscious users that are looking for a more sophisticated drone for aerial photographer or videography.
While the basic BNF version is cheap, we recommend upgrading to the FPV version that comes with everything you need to start flying right out of the box.