- CLICK HERE to learn how to use it!
Designed for use with GoPro cameras, this gimbal provides the utmost in stability for crystal-clear footage every time. Mounting this one simple accessory can take your aerial footage to new levels.
In this guide, we’ll discuss this gimbal’s features, how to use it, which drones it’s compatible with and what users are saying about it.
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal Standout Features
The H3-3D gimbal comes with several features, including:
- 3-Axis Stabilization: The H3-3D is a 3-axis gimbal much like the gimbals you find in high-end Zenmuse systems. This 3-axis design delivers the ultimate in stability for smooth and stable footage.
- GoPro Compatible: It is compatible with the GoPro Hero 3 and Hero 3+ models.
- User-friendly: Not only is the H3-3D easy to install, it’s also lightweight. Just plug and play, and you’re ready to go. There’s no tuning or hardware necessary. Installation and mounting takes less than 30 minutes.
- Versatile: Use your gimbal to film just about anything from extreme sports to filmmaking.
- Precise: This product features high precision controls within ±0.08 degrees. Tilt controls are smooth to ensure a stable and smooth picture every time. Using the assistant software, you can control the angle and tilt of the camera with ease.
- Zenmuse Technology: It uses the same precise sensors, advanced algorithms and brushless motor designs that Zenmuse is known for.
- Independent IMU: This gimbal features an independent inertial measurement unit for ultra-precise altitude information and accurate controls.
How to Use It
The H3-3D gimbal is very easy to use. It’s calibrated before delivery, so there’s no need to make any adjustments or modifications before using it.
It comes with detailed and easy-to-follow directions that make installation a breeze. In fact, it can be installed in just four simple steps:
- Attach the upper plate to the drone.
- Attach the damping unit to the upper plate.
- Lock the damping unit in place by inserting washers into the securing pins.
- Plug the 8-pin cable into the appropriate 8-pin port.
Connecting and mounting the camera is just as easy. Just make sure that you follow the directions carefully when mounting your camera. The last thing you want is to lose your camera mid-flight.
In order to take advantage of the tilt and angle controls, you will need to download and use the assistant software that is compatible with your control system. Always ensure that you have the latest firmware update and test your gimbal regularly.
If you are an inexperienced pilot, I would recommend learning how to fly your drone before attaching it. While you are learning to fly, you will crash at least a few times, which could damage or completely destroy the gimbal. Learning how to fly will minimize the risk of damaging it.
Click on the Image Above to Watch the Video
The Zenmuse H3-3D is compatible with DJI flight control systems for easy use and installation. The following models and flight control systems can be used with this product:
- Phantom 2
- Flame Wheel
- NAZA-M V1
- NAZA-M V2
Installing the gimbal onto the Phantom or Phantom 2 is a breeze, and detailed instructions can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
User Feedback & Experience
Users love the H3-3D Gimbal. It offers superior camera stability, which results in smooth and clear photos and videos. This is the go-to product of choice for professional photographers and amateur filmmakers.
The stability that this gimbal offers allows for high quality results without the high cost of a professional model.
The only gripe that users have with this product is that it’s not very durable. If you’re an inexperienced flyer, you may wind up with a damaged or broken gimbal after just a few flights if you’re not careful.
In reality, inexperienced flyers should not be using the H3-3D without at least getting some practice in first.
As mentioned previously, crashes are bound to happen at any experience level, but those who already know how to fly are less likely to damage it. If you’re just learning to fly and insistent on using a drone with a camera, the Phantom 2 Vision+ may be the better option.
It’s also important to note that you cannot achieve a 360-degree manual pan with this model like you can with DJI’s professional gimbals. Most users won’t even notice the lack of this feature.
If you’re looking for a gimbal that’s on-par with professional models, the Zenmuse H3-3D is a great choice. It’s lightweight, compact and comes at a price that even a hobbyist can afford. If you already have a Phantom, Phantom 2 or a Flame Wheel this is the ultimate accessory to really bring your aerial imagery to new levels.
- NEW DJI H3-3D Gimbal – on RCGroups.com
- DJI Zenmuse H3-3D *****OWNERS THREAD***** – on RCGroups.com
- DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal Unboxing, Installation and quick tip – on YouTube.com
- DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal Review – HeliPal.com – on YouTube.com
- Master the Aerial Photography with These 12 Tips